the "DOEPFER DREHBANK Midi Controller Box" is a device with 64 knobs (at least the version i found) which are assigned to different midi commands. the price is about 299 euros which is imho not reasonable.
we try to build a minimalistic midi controller box from scratch. therefor we assume that:
- 64 knobs are a great deal too much
- midi commands may be mapped to other channels/commands in software
that's why we start our first minimal device as follows:
- use 8-16 knobs => atiny2313 (8) or atmega16 (16) will do the job
- assign static commands/channels to knobs
in later versions we could think about features like:
- reassignment of knobs/commands at run time
- snapshot (see doepfer drehbank features) function (not a problem at all)
hardware: basic ideas / electric circuit diagram
this is a very first schematic of our midi controller device:
list of used parts:
to be continued ...
- 01 x KUPFER 0,2MM (reichelt) 1,55
- 01 x TEKO 104 (reichelt) 10,15
- 01 x H25SR??? (reichelt) ??
- 16 x P4M-LIN 470 (reichelt) 0.53
software: basic ideas concerning the firmware