[hackdaworld] hdw scripts

hi

i was thinking.. that if could we write hdw scripts in perl. but dunno,
bash and shell scripting is ok because it's faster to execute systems
commands without having to call system("make") or things like that.

and i dunno how faster could be the perl interpreter against bash ?

i though about perl because pattern matching stuff, and regular
expressions, and because it is more flexible in programming. Bash is
simple and i like it that way.. but some advanced things are limited,
things Perl offers..

if we try perl, we need to overwrite most of things.. even packages conf
files. and try to make nice perl wrappers for the packages confiles.

it would be a bit hard and will take some time. My experience with perl is
not as good. but i think we wont use many perl modules for HDW.. but we
could create our own, which could simplify the hdw coding.

it would be cool to get some more developers to help if we want this. i
would like to try perl just for fun ;-)  and to try how far we could
arrive

what da u think about perl?..

it would be easier for me, because i can code at home.. and dunt worry
about package maintenance because this is still a development brand. what
about start a new 0.5-dev?

but there are a lot of things to discuss.. i dunt want to migrate the bash
code to perl. i want to start again.. the good scratch way!

tell me.. that i will help.
but first i want to know pros and contras about perl and bash fpor hdw
build process.

bye.

Demian.