[hackdaworld] news from hdw-linux-0.3-dev

hiho Demian!

sorry for the new subject line, though answering a diffrent mail...
but you will see the reasons for that when reading through this :)

did i miss sth last days.. maybe months ?

concerning hdw not really! well, lately there have been some updates, yes :)

nice to hear hdw grew up
:)

well actually it did not grew up. some packages were removed!
there is a new package repository called "toolchain" containing tc-{binutils,linux,glibc,gcc} packages. intention was to merge crossbuilds in the normal build procedure ... well, forget about the crossbuilds yet! %) i hope i ll get ia32 native working soon %) - well actually i am currently building gimp in stage3, so be prepared to test it soon :). one big advance of toolchain stuff is, that we can now build without our ugly glibc hack on glibc 2.2.x host systems. well, we are no longer compiling statically in stage1 ... yes really. thats why hdw is a mess right now. but i think we will clean it up soon and definetly merge that crossbuild stuff in the normal build procedure (actually there wont be any native builds anymore)
well, lets see...

I am having some probs and stuff..

good luck with that! hope you escape from that probs soon!

cya soon

yes, would be cool :)

keep doing sth for hdw.

definetly. after ia32 native build is done, i will rearrange the targets, do the last fixes on packages flist_prune's variables and then create the binaries + creating a Create-Iso script.
after that, i hope it is still before xmas, i ll try to clean up that toolchain and glibc locking stuff and so merge crossbuilds succesfully into the normal build procedure. ahh, after having the bootable iso images, i will rewrite the docs directory :)

this was more a TODO mail for me then telling you *g* - but it is good having told the world, so there is a bit more pressure on me doing that :)

hdw forever :p
frank